Role Purpose: Leverage the leadership position of stakeholders to gain a competitive advantage amongst other FMCG companies inline with Corporate and regulatory Affairs guidelines and marketing standards. He or she will aim to position the organization as the benchmark supplier in the region, within the allocated resources.
- Development and implementation of a sales and distribution strategy
- Establishment and implementation of sales and distribution department goals, work plans, and operating procedures in line with the company strategic and operational plans.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective and conducive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and oversight of the implementation of annual sales and distribution budget.
- Manage and provide strategic direction for continuous improvement in people management processes and systems for all employees reporting to the role.
- Assist sales Supervisors to foster a workplace environment consistent with the company’s mission, core values and culture.
- Forecasting and implementation of the company annual Plan
- Proposal and implementation of volume and value growth strategies
- Conducting resources/territory ROI review.
- Conducting monthly performance business reviews and implementing distributor improvement programs focused on improving sales revenue
- Identifying target accounts, their distribution requirements and developing penetration strategies to increase market share
- Utilization of the existing field force sales module reporting systems to generate market insights and strategies thereof
- Designing, reviewing and maintaining route to market strategies
- Region and route mapping for optimal resource productivity and route efficiency
- Implementation of optimal coverage initiatives in assigned territories
- Identification of opportunities for category listing and effectively strategising on sales acquisition
- Driving achievement of market objectives through active participation in the market planning process
- Proposal and implementation of Cashless transactions in operations
- Drive the sales team to deliver on trade marketing objectives as well as personal development objectives
- Identification and development of a robust talent pipeline for succession planning
- Maintaining a motivated sales and distribution team
- Establishing a clear understanding of the sales and distribution strategy across the organization
- Proposing and tracking of goals and KPIs for direct reports and continuously tracking performance
- Actively coaching the Sales and Distribution team and evaluating their competency in line with emerging business needs.
- Successfully implement change programs in response to changes in the Route to market models
- Lead the sales and distribution team through KPIs and trade activities to deliver and exceed annual targets
- Ensure compliance with all company safety, policies and procedures
EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, Business Administration or Management. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Should have a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in sales and distribution,
- Minimum class BCE- 8 years driving experience
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in FMCG distribution.
- Ability to provide leadership
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain strong working relationships with very diverse staff in different locations.
- Ability to use widely used ERPs (Dynamics 365 and SAP) and to learn new software as necessary.
- Proficiency in office 365
- Ability to facilitate training sessions on various sales and distribution topics.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently without close supervision
- A successful track record in creating, organizing and implementing a sales and distribution strategy.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Well organized relative to time and territory management and associated administrative functions
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively execute the job responsibilities
- Ability to work long hours including driving to distributor sites, meetings, company related functions