REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
- Team leader of the Sales Function Team
- Preparation of sales plans and Reports
- Set individual sales targets including market potential, and sales forecasts and ensure that they are achieved
- Coordinates with the elements of the Marketing Function, for example Advertising, Promotions and displays.
- Coordinates with the distribution network.
- Manage demand creation for the company brands
- Determine, propose and implement sales related policies.
- Determine and implement Sales department Structure
- Ensure efficient staff management including grievance handling, disciplining and motivation.
- Conduct Sales meetings and sales contests
- Manage the Sales Function Budget; i.e sales control and cost analysis as well as sales force expenses.
- Ensure efficient, quality and effective customer service standards which will include customer communication and problems resolving.
- Determine Sales Territories and their Quotas
- Ensure efficient Management /office administration support
- Conduct sales promotions in liaison with the marketing manager
- Ensure availability of brands in all the outlets.
- Ensure proper management and collection of distribution debts
- To regularly provide management with market feedback
- Ensure a positive relationship is maintained with all sectors of the trade. Preparation and implementation of effective annual marketing plan for the entire company brands.
- Analyzing business trends (market research) and taking proactive measures.
- Briefing advertising and merchandising agencies on marketing plans.
- Ensuring that optimum distribution and merchandising levels for the company’s entire range of products is achieved and maintained throughout the region.
- Ensuring that the right advertising/marketing agencies and channels of advertising, and promotion have been identified.
- Coordinating brand marketing public relations (MPR) activities so as to enhance brand image and equity.
- Ensuring efficient, quality and effective customer service standards, which will include customer communication and problems resolving.
- Ensuring supervision and coordination of staff in the department
- Conducts appraisals for staff;
- Performs any other duties assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
- A Course in Sales Management will be an added advantage
- 12 years with 5 Years Senior Sales Management experience in a fast moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Company.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills
- Good report writing skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good presentation skills.