The company's investment involves acquiring land in the open market next to Universities and other key hubs where young people prefer living, constructing the buildings, leasing out to tenants and then managing the properties on a full services basis for the long term.
Overall Purpose: The purpose of the role is to develop and efficiently develop and manage strategic university alliances (key accounts) following Account Management practices in order to achieve the Company strategic objectives. Essentially selling through relationships.
Division: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The incumbent will support the continuous development conceptualization and (where appropriate) development and management of strategic partnerships with 65 universities in the region.
S/He will be responsible for the delivery of strategic relationships with senior administrators in the key universities as per the company’s vision.
At onset this will include 1) Intelligence gathering on real-time admission statistics, 2) Supporting a coordinated approach for repairing/redeeming existing relationships and 3) engagement in sign off on MOU’s with all key universities to make the company an Official Partner.
Key Measures of Performance
- Successful key account management through strategic relationships
- Timeous achievement of key account sales targets as required
- Successfully obtain Official Partner status with all key accounts
- Successful design, incubation and delivery of strategic sales initiatives as required.
The Sales Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Create alliances with universities for visibility, generating leads, and for partnering.
- Establish meaningful and sustainable business relationship with key accounts in order to gain high level of support and ambassadorship.
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel.
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
- Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Create and manage campaigns (on ground, through channels, and alliances)& activation plans.
- Work closely with the rest of the Sales & Marketing function to manage and optimize end to end campaigns (budgeting, branding, innovative ways of reaching out to prospective customers – students), to generate qualified leads.
Key Account Management
- Work closely with the rest of the Sales & Marketing function to continuously optimize the lead funnel and sales pipeline, improving return on investment, revenue and margins, reducing the lead to sales cycle whilst delivering exceptional customer experience to prospective customers and getting good fit customers who will be poised to be delighted customers.
- Understand and bring technology to facilitate sales process. Lead the adoption and ensure consistent, methodical use of HubSpot Sales Professional.
- Establish sales objectives by meticulous assessment of target market, potential market and prospective customer in the market (including clear territory management as well as tiered approach to the managing Key Accounts.
- Define Key Accounts Management process (incl. call frequency, approach, key messaging) that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements when and where required.
Other tasks may include:
- Support credit control teams in debt collection via appropriate channels.
- Support event management and occasional implementation of new strategic partnerships in collaboration with the management team.
JOB HOLDER QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills
- Results-oriented, accountable, with proactive leadership skills.
- Ability to lead by example and drive change.
- Determined, hard-working, individual who is prepared to work around barriers that arise in the course of an initiative.
- Have an optimism that student accommodation is a great solution to university accommodation challenges,
- Able to get other people excited about new opportunities and new ways of getting old jobs done.
- An innovative thinker who is prepared to take calculated well-considered risks.
- A mature professional who is positive and supportive towards colleagues and external collaborators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups of people.
- Ability to move from selling concept to on-the-ground reality through relationship building.
- An effective team player.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A degree, preferably in Sales/ Marketing/Business Management.
- Deep knowledge of, and experience in, strategy development, execution and review at institutional and territorial level;
- Strong quantitative/financial knowledge, including experience creating complex models, with a demonstrated ability to extract appropriate data to convey complex information through the use of supporting tables, graphs and other visual representations.
- Demonstrated ability in structured problem solving, yet comfortable with unstructured and ambiguous situations and tasks; ability to learn new content quickly, identify connections and second-order implications and demonstrate competence with internal/external teams.
- Experience in developing and managing strong partnerships and relationships inside and outside the organization, managing conflicts, and building consensus. Comfortably engages with senior decision makers within universities and organization and constructively challenges colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, facilitation and written communication skills; works well in diverse teams, with efficiency and diplomacy.
Key Leadership Capabilities
Understand the consumer & customer
- Build understanding of consumers/ customers/ suppliers/ stakeholders & leverage this understanding when making business decisions
- Build sustainable relationships with key stakeholders to shape the operating environment
- Address difficult issues proactively when dealing with stakeholders.
- Basic finance acumen
- Make commercial decisions that impact positively on both short- and long-term bottom line results
- Drive unnecessary costs out of the business
- Ensure the right processes and controls are in place to minimize business exposure to risk.
Collaborate & Influence
- Actively listen and build positively on other ideas
- Exhibit trust, fairness and ethical awareness
- Promote ideas and influence in areas where you do not direct control or authority
- Mobilize and allocate resources effectively to achieve what is best for the business.
- 5 – 6 years relevant experience in managing key accounts in the hospitality industry, Banking, FMCG;
- Preferably, not less than 6-9 years total working experience;
- Proven experience (at least 2-3 years) in managing a sales force/ key accounts team.