Responsibilities for the Sales & Marketing Manager Job
- Monitors and improves call productivity and revenue goals for each sales person by tracking results
- Increases sales volume and profitability by formulating and executing projects for all market areas as stated in the business plan
- Analyses sales statistics to formulate profitability and review market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc.
- Meets overall budgeted sales and profit margins by soliciting, evaluating, selling, and confirming business
- Designs and proposes programs to meet client’s needs.
- Creates and implements special programs to increase overall occupancy especially in slow periods
- Negotiates with clients to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs
- Ensures customer satisfaction and hotel profit by overseeing the coordination of various department’s activities related to booked business
- Enhances the hotel’s community image and stays abreast of competition, new development, and sales methods and techniques in the hotel industry
- Prepares the business plan for the hotel and coordinates this with the corporate sales business plan
- Directs all sales activities for all staff with sales opportunities to ensure that objectives are achieved in the Sales business plan
- Plans for and implements methods of maintaining and increasing volume of business thorough sales
- promotions, potential markets needing coverage, advertising and special sales projects
- Attends major travel functions and trade shows to promote the hotel
- Prepares and controls the Sales Department’s budget
- Maintains accurate sales statistics and account records.
Sales & Marketing Manager Job Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Marketing or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Having worked in Hotel will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization,
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting profitable relationships
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Decision making & Collaborative skills
- Should have strong negotiation, managerial and communications skills.