DEPARTMENT: SALES & MARKETING.
LOCATION: NAIROBI KENYA
REPORTING TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Primary Responsibility (Strategic, Operational People Financial responsibilities)
- Develop and review overall product pull strategy for the Company in line with the Company business goals and requirements.
- Oversee Market Research in coordination with Head – Sales and PMT, to assess market expectations and response to products/services
- Develop and evaluate Sales and marketing strategy for products and develop processes to drive business volumes.
- Oversee implementation of organization-wide promotional initiatives to boost the Company brand.
- Oversee assessment of brand strength/recall against market comparators and implementation of initiatives to continuously improve the same
- Finalize and implement product launch strategy.
- Ensure sharing of initiatives and learning across regions, to ensure standardization of company brand messages.
- Ensure that all the company sales Lines that include; Branded, Generic, and Exports are operating at optimal levels and Targets are being met.
- Assess Customer Satisfaction across all existing customers against the Company’s Customer Satisfaction index.
- Ensure adherence to department budgets.
- Take an active role in recruitment and Training of Area Managers & Medical Representatives
- Ensure timely goal setting, monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to team members
- Oversee capability building for the team and mentor and groom high-potential subordinates
- Recommend/Implement appropriate personnel policies and procedures.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Market share in target markets.
- Adherence to marketing budgets
- Improvement in volumes (sales)
- Sales turnover generated from new products in a given period.
- Brand recall against market comparators
- Employee Satisfaction within the department and retention of top talent within the department.
- Bachelors Science with MBA in Marketing.
- Over 12 years in Sales/Marketing in pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years in leading the sales and marketing team of a minimum of 20 people.
Functional / Technical Skills required
- Excellent understanding of customer-based marketing strategies
- Experience in product launch design, with extensive exposure to cross-functional teams
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills
- Knowledge of Market research methods and good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.