The successful candidate will be responsible for aligning Company’s sales objective with the firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting. The ideal candidate MUST have prior experience in the Agriculture sector selling Application Technology Equipment and Must be willing to travel across the country.
- Align the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of existing client accounts ensuring a minimum order is achieved week on week.
- Seek out new clients and form strong working relationships.
- Identify valuable emerging markets and target clients in these markets.
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions.
- Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Continually monitor selling prices, costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services and communicating the same to the relevant departments.
- Analyze aged debtors on a weekly basis and follow up accounts team and clients on the same.
- Manage the marketing requirements of the Company, including production and upkeep of advertising literature.
- Arrange all requirements for exhibitions that the Company will participate, liaising with the MD regarding marketing requirements.
- Manage the Company’s exposure on social media and the Company’s website, liaising with those involved with the upkeep of all platforms.
- MUST have prior experience in the Agriculture sector selling Application Technology Equipment.
- Highly motivated and with good attitude to achieve positive results.
- Strong business acumen and market knowledge.
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’ notably over the phone for selling.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets and objectives.
- First class negotiating and presentation skills.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Experience in compiling and analyzing sales and production figures.
- An appetite for securing deals with clients in new markets.
- Flexible to travel across the country.
- Must be willing to work along Thika Road.
- Excel / Word and PowerPoint.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 350,000 - 400,000 (Approx. 3,500 – 4,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 29th February 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***