Job Description – Sales Officer Mombasa
Social Bites is a newly established company with sales of tasty frozen milk product targeted low-income consumers in Kenya. The business applies a unique distribution model to sell its product which centres on street vendors. The organization is growing and is made up by a team of individuals who aspire to take the business to its next level.
Social Bites is recruiting a Sales Officer to join its sales team in Mombasa. The Sales Officer will operate one of the company’s Sales Depots in Mombasa and take part in developing the new brand in the market. In doing so, the Sales Officer will deal with Vendors who the people that are at the core of the company’s business model. The Sales Officer therefore has a significant impact on the sales performance of the Sales Depot. In dealing with Vendors most of the work is hands-on related but requires a great deal of attention to detail and accuracy. The Sales Officer will also be responsible for the implementation of defined processes at the Sales Depot.
A Sales Officer will operate a sales depot by means of following:
- issue the company’s products to Vendors
- reconcile daily accounts with Vendors
- train and monitor Vendors
- recruit Vendors
- enforce processes such as important hygiene measures at the depot level
- engage and motivate Vendors on a daily basis
The activities will not be limited to above and may include other activities.
Minimum required qualifications
The company is looking for individuals that comply with following criteria
- Between 25 and 35 years of age
- University graduate / Diploma Holder
- Prior experience from the FMCG sector will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Strong Math skills
- Detail oriented
- Goal-oriented and results driven
- Proactive mind-set and likes to take initiative
- Structured mind-set with ability to analyse
The remuneration will be at ksh 25,000 / month gross
Specific application requirements
The person should be living in Mombasa and /or have prior working experience from Mombasa.
Deadline for application is October 10th 2019. We will be reviewing applications as they come in.