The ideal candidate should demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience in business to business sales, Hotels and institutions.
This position reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
Location: Nairobi, with frequent travel across the Country.
- To understand and align both industrial and institutional channel requirements in line with Promasidor products and annual budget plans.
- Soliciting potential industrial and institutional customers and traveling to their locations to initiate sales.
- Providing technical information to customers regarding product composition and benefits.
- Achievement of set sales turnover for institutional products (Volumes & Value).
- Develop and maintain a regularly updated customer data base while managing customer relations.
- New Business Development.
- Achieve planned level of institutional and industrial sales on a monthly basis.
- Develop cost effective route to market strategies on a monthly basis to cover the trade.
- Understand and track both industrial and institutional customer needs in volumes and period (seasonality) and communicate the plan with the Production and Distribution managers.
- Regularly appraise yourself to fully understand the company’s industrial products.
- Adhere to credit terms as spelt out by the finance department.
- Implement stock inventory management and guide your customers on FIFO.
- Agree pricing with National sales manager and in his absence with Finance manager before committing to any additional discounts below agreed pricing.
- To submit periodic reports covering among other;
- Competitor activities
- Market trends
- consumer feed back
- debtors position
- new opportunities
- Work closely with the Quality department to ensure product understanding by your clients and where necessary undertake trials at their premises.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Degree/ Diploma in Sales and Marketing.
- Degree/ Diploma Food Science or Food Production Technology with relevant sales experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in Business to Business technical sales - MUST.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation/persuasion skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs by 31st July 2019 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The subject line should read “SALES REPRESENTATIVE – INSTITUTIONAL SALES”
Promasidor Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.