ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Jumbo Chem Kenya Limited is a manufacturing company with quality Insulation solutions for Roof, Wall and Pipes; Damp Proof Membrane; Floor Under layer; Expansion Joint Filler; Sealant Cords and Duct-Wrap.
We also provide Packaging solutions for the Floriculture, Horticulture and Removals sectors.
We are one of the leading manufacturers of sustainable insulation products using the latest manufacturing technology from South Korea. Our products improve energy efficiency and provide comfort while serving to reduce energy costs.
Our products provide real value for money with over 50 years’ guarantee. The products are made on order for which we guarantee 2 days’ turnaround time. Besides, we have the flexibility to develop tailor-made products which meet the unique needs of our customers.
Job Title: SALES REPRESENTATIVE - SPECIFIERS
Reports To: SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
- Development of plans to achieve set billed revenue targets in the segment;
- Provide regular forecasts from the generation, management and closing of a significant pipeline of sales utilizing a CRM system
- Increase product and Business solutions penetration through cross sell to named accounts, in assigned segment
- Train and lead the partners to maximize performance to ensure continued revenue growth and customer retention;
- Work closely with the partners to devise and deliver individual sales targets and subsequent revenues;
- Ensure that the segments for which you are responsible work effectively with the overall Sales, Marketing and Operations functions within the business;
- Develop strong relationships with Consultants in the industry at C – suite to maintain ongoing revenue stream
- Ensure all accounts are managed through well thought out Account Development Plans
- Maintain timely and 100% accurate Sales reports on, competitor intelligence, Sales performance and all information relevant to the assigned segment;
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrable track record of selling any products or services in the built environment.
- Have a strong grasp of construction products;
- Ability to create winning bid proposals, plan and conduct contract negotiations and present in a compelling manner;
- Additional sales experience to enterprise, government and construction sectors is also desirable
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with key partners and consultants;
- English must be spoken fluently; other local language skills would be advantageous;
- Ability to understand and explain the technology behind closed cell polyethylene foam, to analyze competitor offerings and the ability to position the company’s capability successfully against them;
- Must have 3 years’ experience in B2B sales engagements
- Experience in construction environment and project management is an added advantage;
- Strong business Acumen;
- Team player with pleasant outgoing personality & resilience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, confident, energetic & with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a high level of motivation.
- Honors degree in Business Administration/Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university;
- Diploma in the field of construction or in business related field
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Achievement of set revenue billing target as per revenue growth objectives for the FY
- Documented existence of Sales pipeline within the SLA’s captured on the CRM
- Accurately monitor accounts performance on a weekly basis to ensure each account meets set thresholds.
- Ensure 100% adherence to terms of LPO and debt collection from customers
- Accurately monitor product performance and contribution on a weekly basis to ensure balanced portfolio management between strategic and organic growth.
- Daily, Weekly and monthly reporting of sales activities feeding into the management report
- Consistence weekly feedback to the management on the market needs for the portfolio under management.
- 100% compliance to sales automation tools, processes and set standards.
Working with Others
- Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction
- Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make
- Communicates simply to excite and engage people
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end
- Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems
Creativity and Innovation
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible
Business Know how
- Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust
- Balances current and future needs
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards
Working with Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations
- Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance
Project and Program Management
- Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit
- Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies
- Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues
Products, Services and Technology Knowledge – Enterprise
- Understands our portfolio - technology, features and benefits
- Understands customer needs and explains the impacts and value of Jumbo Chem solutions compared to our direct and indirect competitors
Business Development & Sales Planning
- Forecasts future sales, revenues and risks
- Plans sales activities for specifiers, partners or hardware to maximise sales and grow revenues
- Identifies and qualifies opportunities to develop new business.
Solution / Consultative Selling
- Wins and retains Customers by identifying their needs or business challenges, and matching them to Jumbo Chem products and services
- Identifies opportunities to win more business by up-selling and cross-selling
- Responds positively and professionally to objections, and addresses the Customer’s needs to successfully close the sale
- Uses a range of techniques and approaches to make agreements that add value for Jumbo Chem and our Customers
- Understands customers' commercial drivers and leverages them in negotiations
- Applies commercial acumen to maintain a healthy profit margin
Competing to win
- Brings energy and passion to work and always aims to beat the competition
- Knows what the competitors are offering, how our offer compares and uses market data to drive decisions.
- Responsible for achieving the set revenue targets
- Monitoring of revenue target and ensuring any deviations are flagged.