Reporting Line: Director of Sales
Location: Kenya Nairobi
Sales Support Advisor - Team Leader– International Organisations and Africa
The Sales Support Advisor is a crucial role to ensure that Sales Managers are adequately supported with all pre-sales related tasks. The Sales Support Advisor will work with the Sales Managers across IO and Africa to support in all aspects of pre-sales administration and account maintenance. A list of the tasks have been outlined below although this list should not be considered an exhaustive list.
The role of the Team Leader will be to effectively manage and motivate the team of Sales Support advisors, ensuring exceptional quality of work and strong line of communication between the advisors and the Sales Managers. The Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring that processes are defined and implemented to ensure effective running of the team. Data insights are key to the successful running of the Sales teams. The Sales Support Team Leader will be responsible for data accuracy and reporting through Salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Set and monitor turnaround times for email responses and quote issuance
- Ensure quality and audit checks are implemented and conducted on a monthly basis
- Monthly performance report to Director of Sales on teams performance and overall output
- Identify potential process improvements and make recommendations
- Work with Director of Sales to identify the reports
In addition to the above the Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring that the team delivers on the following tasks:
- Manage all quotation requests and administration tasks related to pre-sale account management
- Ensure SFDC data accuracy, ensuring all quote requests and any information related to the account is accurately captured in SFDC
- Provide the highest levels of service internally and externally, striving for first contact resolution, responding within set timelines written or verbal
- Build relations with internal departments to ensure all resources are utilized to the benefit of the client/broker, working within the regional benefits and reaching out to relevant service teams where necessary.
- Identify potential process improvements and make recommendations to Director of Sales
- Support the sales manager with capturing feedback related to the sale and ensure that all data is entered into SFDC Track sales activity within Salesforce.com i.e. managing the opportunity pipeline. Closed- lost- enter summary of calls meetings and tracking activities
- Manage the broker contact database on SFDC
- Liaise with Client Management Executives to ensure smooth implementation of new business
- Prepare all implementation documents for new SME clients
- Ad hoc sales related projects
Required Experience, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Knowledge of processes, procedures and systems
- Excellent business/product knowledge
- Coaching skills
- Influencing skills
- Basic leadership and management skills
In addition to the above the Team Leader should also have:
- 5 years’ experience in an administrational support environment.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication to internal and external clients.
- Strong customer focus with ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work under own initiative and proactive in recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage workflow to meet individual and team requirements.
- PC Skill (Excel, word and Power point).
- Interpersonal skills/telephone manner.
- Work well in a team environment.
Preferred but not essential:
- Sales/Healthcare background preferred.
- English and Math’s qualification.