We are searching for talented and inspiring individuals who are keen to inspire a passion for our mission in parents, students and the communities that we serve. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the School Nurse Job
- Managing our students’ wellness and development and offering them psycho-social support as needed.
- Maintaining close liaison with the Medical staff at the nearest Private Hospital consistently
- Handle confidential situations, information and documentation.
- Communicate effectively at all levels with students, staff, parents and other clinicians and paramedics
- Inspecting boarding house facilities (toilets and bathrooms, laundry area) when pupils are away from the facilities and appraise the level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Monitoring standards achieved by cleaners and other support agencies within the Boarding House and report on any deficiencies to the Director, Operations.
School Nurse Job Qualifications
- A professional, flexible and conscientious registered nurse with the ability to build a harmonious, energetic and cohesive relationship with students and co-workers.
- Prior experience working as a pediatric nurse
- Professional counseling skills with a proven track record will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- The ability to win the trust of children and encourage them to talk about their problems.
- The ability to explore sensitive issues with tact, understanding and patience.
- The ability to stay calm in an emergency.
- Record-keeping and organisational skills.