The Successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic direction in the primary school section. i.e grade 1 – 6. Develop curricular, teaching methods, monitor student achievements, parental involvement, revise policies and procedures, administer the budget, evaluate staff and oversee school facilities. Provide strong leadership, and be able to give clear direction and guidance to the management team, whilst at the same time allowing them the autonomy to operate successfully
MAIN JOBS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shaping a vision of academic success for all learners
- Provide leadership and be able to give clear direction and guidance.
- developing a culture of performance in the school
- Cultivating leadership in staff
- Managing head teachers.
- Implementing policies and procedures
- Managing emerging issues within the schools
- Liaison person between school, stakeholders e.g Board, Ministry of Education, county Government etc,
- Attending school functions.
- Attending Board meetings
- Recommend yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage School's resources within those budget guidelines.
- Identifying risks and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place.
- Evaluating the success of the organization.
- Developing strategies for school growth.
- Developing and implementing operational policies.
- Acting as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Education or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Registered by TSC
- Track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, pupil assessment and staff development.
- - Having a can-do, problem-solving attitude.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to plan own workload effectively and to delegate.
- Sociable personality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving.