LOCATION: HARGEISA SOMALILAND
· Set high academic standards for every student
· Prepare lesson plans in advance that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to future education
· Track and report performance data to determine where changes need to be made and which strategies and methods are working.
· Develop stable, solid relationships with students with appropriate boundaries so they know you are available to help them when they need it.
· Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
· Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students' attention
· Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes home, and in the case of post-secondary teachers, publish research. Writing skills are critical.
· Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
· Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
· People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science teaching
· Qualified science teacher
· Previous experience teaching Science
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills
· Effective listening skills
· Creative skills and ideas for planning practical and interesting lessons
· Excellent planning and organization skills
· A friendly and confident manner
· The ability to work well under pressure
· A flexible approach to work