Hatari Security Guards Limited is
seeking to employ a security supervisor. Applicants must be able to ride a
Job Title: Supervisor – Hatari Security
Reporting to: Manager-Operations
Work Location: Countrywide
Job Role: Full time
Job Purpose: The primary role of security guards is to protect the property, buildings and grounds and the people who do business and/or live therein.
To execute their duties properly,
security guards work in a team and need an immediate leader in their Region of
operation, who links them to their manager. This will be the supervisor.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The security guard supervisor assists the manager as needed, and takes charge in the manager’s absence.
2. As a security guard supervisor you will monitor your staff by patrolling them by auto or on foot. You will be expected to consolidate daily parade status report on staff attendance in every shift and relay the same to the security manager’s office.
3. The supervisor is also responsible for monitoring any surveillance equipment used on the place of works as well as ensuring any work tool is up and running including proper use by guards.
4. Each day the supervisor assigns areas for his/her guards to “man” (do work schedules) and presents a list of potential problems his officers should be lookout for, mostly being alerts from the clients. These will require approval by the security manager.
5. Handover i.e. if someone is caught trespassing or committing another crime, the supervisor takes over and forwards to his/her manager who oversees the transfer of the accused person to the custody of local law enforcement personnel.
6. The supervisor works with staff to develop safety plans for the buildings the company is monitoring.
7. You will be expected to lead periodic safety drills for employees and patrons in the areas we are providing the security services. This will be with express authority and support from the management company office.
8. Resolve work related problems that are within the operation scope with consultation to his/her manager. Any personnel issue to be channeled to the HR or the COO office for further action.
9. Work under direction from his/her manager to organize training of new guards on job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
10. Assist the security manager maintain a proper and informing record of all tools of work in the hands of the security guards e.g. full uniform and combat items.
11. Handle provision of extra guards in areas out of normal schedules as well as respond to emergency situations that may arise on and off duty.
12. Perform any other duty as may be required by his/her immediate supervisors.
13. A security guard supervisor should always promote and uphold the chain of command in the force.
- Minimum KCSE Certificate
- 2-3 years in the same or similar position
- 5 years in security field
- Motorbike License with at least 5-years is a MUST
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Ability to supervise,
- Coordinate and High Level initiative
- An experienced and licensed motorbike rider is a MUST
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Hatari Security together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted