Reports to: Security Supervisor
Job Functions: Personnel & premises security, patrols, security surveillance
- Providing security to company properties at designated time.
- Ensure orderliness during the assignment at all time.
- Controlling and monitoring movement to and from the assigned property responsibly.
- Patrolling the property as directed by the supervisor to ensure safety at all times.
- Reporting any unusual happenings which could amount to security threats or any harmful happenings to the supervisor
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Write/submit reports of daily activities and/or irregularities like equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences within the premises.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergency, like fire or presence of unauthorized persons within the premises
- Warn persons of violations and also apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas/the premises
- Inspect as well as adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to make sure operational use to detect evidence of tampering
- Respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, answer questions and also provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed
- Communication: establish and maintain effective communication between the security supervisor and the entire team at all times to ensure optimum team work
- Carrying out duty patrols across the work station(s)
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Attend the security guards parade
Security Guards Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- The job holder should be 25 years of age and above
- Must have KCSE Certificate with a mean grade C- minus
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Holders of Firefighting Certificate, First Aid among other short courses certificate will have an added advantage.
- Prior work experience of at least one (1) year
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Team skills
- Must possess high integrity levels
- Excellent communication skills and a pro-active nature.
- Attention to Details
How to Apply
Submit application, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses and day telephone contacts. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be on or before Tuesday 30th April, 2019