Our client is a fast growing security technology based company in Nairobi. They are looking for a Security Operations Center Operator to be the backbone of the day to day operations, to deliver high standards of service to customer, management, and staff. To provide support and information to management to ensure the Company runs to the highest international standard possible and achieve maximum profitability.
The SOC Operator will be responsible for monitoring and documenting inconsistencies that pertain to the safety and security of employees, facilities, and property. Using a variety of tools that range from access control and alarm monitoring system to various business intelligence sources, open source media, Internet and in-house tools.
The SOC Operator is required to detect, analyze, and alert others regarding any adverse conditions to the corporation and its employees. These may range from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, to technical failures. The position monitors all security, communications and fire/life safety systems and is the liaison between all security departments.
- Monitor all security, communications and fire/life safety systems within the designated region via the provided monitoring systems
- Serve as the liaison between all departments and the Security Department
- Handle (without delay) complaints and unusual/critical event information to the appropriate personnel
- Directly responsible for the accurate documentation of routine and unusual events occurring on or near the facilities (accomplished via shift reports, pass-downs logs, incident reports, incident reports logs, or other established methods)
- Accurately maintain control of all equipment and keys in the Control Room. Accurately logs all equipment
- Complete 'Task work orders" for all reported maintenance needs
- Inform (without delay) to the proper personnel of any missing, damaged, or inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, CCTV, or other systems
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitors and responds to all security/life safety system alarms
- Control and monitor the two-way communication systems
- Must possess a minimum of diploma in any field. A security related is an added advantage.
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing requirements
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience in information research or security operations center experience
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience in a security command or communications center
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, active listening skills to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Ability to speak clearly, give direction, and provide guidance to employees and security staff during emergencies
Salary: Ksh. 35,000 gross
Deadline: 15th January 2019