We are a leading real estate firm with operations spread in Nairobi and other parts of the country. We seek to recruit a Security Supervisor who will be required to manage the security department as per the set standards & procedures; to maximize efficiency of the security department; assist in setting strategies and future development plans; plan, direct, and coordinate operations of the security department and ensure maintenance of top quality standards of service.
Reports to: General Manager
Job Functions: Leadership and management, security supervision, public relations, business development
Remuneration: Gross monthly salary of Ksh. 50,000
Location: Nairobi with travel to other work stations in the country
1. In charge of the security department
2. Administration & Finance: ensure efficient allocation, full and accurate accounting of all resources allocated and/or spent as well as carrying out all other administrative duties in the department.
3. Statutory requirements: ensure compliance with all statutory requirements set by the law for the security Industry in the country
4. Public relations: maintain a high visibility profile to in-house customers, commercial, social and governmental entities.
5. Reports & Reviews:
- compile and forward all weekly and monthly reports for all user departments as and when required
- Verify daily security reports from the security guards
- Verify and give recommendations reports of daily activities and/or irregularities like equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences within the premises.
- Review the OB reports on a daily basis
- Compile and submit any other reports as requested by management from time to time
6. Communication: establish and maintain effective communication between management and the department at all times to ensure optimum team work
7. Human Resources Management:
- Participate in recruitment, selection & placement, induction, training, appraisals/performance management and career development of the security department
- Maintain optimum staff levels within the approved budget.
- Be a trainer and motivator.
- Recommend security personnel who have been under probation for confirmation, probation extension or termination
- Advice management and HR on personnel issues in the department within time
- Ensure the disciplinary and grievance procedure is upheld at all times.
- In liaison with the Group Human Resources office, implement a system for development and succession planning for key staff.
- In liaison with the Group Human Resources office, draw up and implement a training plan the department
- Ensure the adherence to agreed policies and procedures of the company
8. Develop safety plans and policies
9. Carrying out duty patrols across all work stations
10. Responsible for monitoring the electronic surveillance equipment used on all premises
11. Assign duties and shifts to all security guards
12. Regularly train security guards and oversee weekly security guards parade
13. Lead periodic safety drills and trainings
14. Ensure fire safety equipment (fire extinguishers) are installed in all premises and maintenance/servicing of the same.
15. Supervise provision of security to office staff, buildings and properties and ensure the premises are free from any form of danger.
16. Ensure all security devices/equipment are in good working condition through regular inspection and maintenance
17. Ensure compliance of applicable policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
18. Ensure all security personnel are tidy and in the correct uniform at all times
19. Ensure orderliness within the security department
20. Reporting any unusual happening which could amount to security threats or any harmful happenings to management.
21. Assist Directors in any other duties relating to the Security department as may be assigned from time to time.
Security Supervisor Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- The job holder should be 35 years of age and above
- Must be holder of a Degree or Diploma in Criminology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must have KCSE/KCE Certificate with a mean grade C- minus
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Must be Computer Proficient.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- He/she should have worked in with any rank of commissioned officer with the Kenya Defense Forces, National Police Service or National Youth Service or any other reputable security firm and must have a Discharge Certificate.
- Holders of Firefighting Certificate, First Aid among other short courses certificate will have an added advantage.
- Should have worked for at least three (3) years at management or supervisory level.
- He/she should demonstrate outstanding administrative ability in controlling security guards
- Knowledge of Security Management Systems (SEMS)
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Must possess high integrity level
- Excellent communication skills and a pro-active nature.
- Attention to Details
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements to send their applications and detailed CVs with a daytime telephone number and details of three professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted