RCCMDF is one of the largest Self help Groups in the Archdiocese of Nairobi Self Help Programme by Caritas Nairobi. In operation for over 20 yrs and with a membership of 20,000 and 13 staff members, RCCMDF provides community savings and lending services to the immediate parish and beyond. RCCMDF is looking to fill the position of Senior Accountant to oversee the day to day running, growth and development of the group to serve its members in the most efficient manner.
Caritas Nairobi is the aid and social development agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi. Our vision is to see a just, self-reliant and value based society. We work in the counties of Kiambu and Nairobi to provide aid and social development services without regards to race, gender, and age, social or religious backgrounds
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on management accounts
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Liaise with our general manager to improve financial procedures
- Proven experience in a similar position for a period not less than 5 years
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Degree in Accounting or relevant field. MBA will be an added advantage
- CPAK and MUST be a registered Member in good standing with ICPAK
- A strong grasp of all relevant legislation and of how it applies to the role.
- High integrity and high professional standards
- Commercial acumen and ability to think creatively.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinker.
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills.
- Ability to deliver timely result
- Reflect the values of Ruiru Fund with team members, staff, members, and stakeholders.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian Catholic faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of the team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
reach us by 23rd November 2019