Position: Senior Accountant (Manufacturing Company)
Employer: A Leading Manufacturing Company in Nairobi
Ref No: SGK-SA-11-2019
Job Category: Middle Management
- Bachelors of Commerce Degree.
- Age not more than 40 years old.
- At least 5 years working
experience as a Senior Accountant handling all areas of Finance in a manufacturing company
- Senior Accountant will coordinate the overall functions of the accounts department, preparation of income and expense statements, balance sheet and other financial reports.
- Receipting/disbursements & reconciliation of statements.
- Dealing with some exports and imports processes such as foreign exchange transactions, opening letters of credit for imports & scrutinizing LCs opened by customers for approval.
- Dealing with petty cash control and reconciliation.
- Organize for business permits, payments of land rates -local authority, land rent -ministry of lands.
- Preparation of general ledger, journals, accruals and G/L accounts reconciliation.
- Maintaining payroll records and monthly bank reconciliation and prepare statements of receipt and disbursement, preparing fixed asset depreciation schedule and year end dips & stock taking.
- Maintaining of fixed assets register and prepare depreciation schedules & asset movement schedules.
- Handle external audit co-ordinations by providing audit schedules and responding to auditors queries.
- Handle statutory returns such as VAT returns/WH Tax, Agency & contractual W/H Tax and NSSF/NHIF.
- Be incharge of service providers i.e medical services, sanitation services and office equipment service contracts (computers, copiers, etc).
- Produce reports such as activity report, Trading, Profit & Loss a/c (Profitability, expenditure variance checks).
Kshs. 230,000 - 260,000 plus generous benefits