Reporting into: CTO Jobs
Level: Strong Intermediate or Senior
ROAM Connects Africans to Opportunities. We empower our users through transparency and transform markets through technology.
Build and maintain best of breed software services and modules for ROAM, specifically the Jobs Team, and align with group wide software engineering standards.
We, the ROAM Jobs Core team, empowers African job seekers through transparency and transform the market in which we operate through technology. Our brands BrighterMonday and Jobberman currently operate in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and Ghana. Both businesses are pioneers in the African tech space having built up and formalised the employment and career sector of their respective economies.
We are proud to be the biggest and most transparent career platforms and we aim to continue to evolve by putting our users’ needs first and building user centric products to support some of the most important events in our lives.
- You will create and support native Android applications for our Jobs classified businesses
- You will contribute to and support our library infrastructure
- You will be involved in reviewing and approving the work of your peers as part of the software development process.
- You will, with the help of the team, achieve the ultimate user experience for our customers.
- You will, with the help of the team, design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform.
- You will use prescribed tools and work according to the established ROAM software development process.
- You will work closely with the backend team to implement and deliver the final product
- You will work closely with the Product Manager, other Developers, API team, QA Team and Designers.
- Participate in the scrum process.
- Deliver software according to agreed timelines
- Seasoned communicator as regards technical and business/ functional aspects of assigned work.
- Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises.
- Assist Jobs CTO and Product Manager with compilation of technical specifications.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Familiar with continuous integration methodologies and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience in open source software development (Github etc.)
- Relevant diploma/degree i.e. Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics etc.
- High attention to detail
- Passionate about online businesses and web technologies
- Self-motivated and self-learner
- Effective communication skills
- You are able to work autonomously in all stages of app development
- You have a good understanding of both front- and back-end development, using material design and native Android APIs
- You come with a good understanding of professional development workflows as in Scrum or Kanban
- You take responsibility and ownership of the products you work on.
- You are passionate about Android development and naturally are up to date with the latest development trends.
- You have good knowledge in usability engineering and user experience design
- Tenacity and the ability to solve complex software bugs.
- Highly competent in Android Development and have knowledge and experience with Android best practice.
- Proficient in SQLite and ORM Libraries, integrating into apis, Dagger 2, GCM and Firebase.
- A good understanding of creating Android libraries.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, Git and Linux.