The Firm: TRIAD Architects has been at the forefront of the architectural profession in Kenya and the East Africa region since 1963. Triad Architects is ISO 9001: 2015 certified and we embrace diversity and equal opportunity for all.
High Integrity and Professionalism are at the core of all we do. Please visit our website www.triad.co.ke for more information on TRIAD..
The Opportunity & Role: TRIAD Architects has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Architect to work in the design and project implementation of a Hospital in Kenya. The Senior Architect will be part of a team within our office that is responsible for design development, preparation of production information, overseeing procurement of contractors and supervision of the project construction to completion and in use stages.
The Senior Architect role will involve extensive collaboration with internal and external teams that consist of the client, quantity surveyors, engineers, project managers and associate architects working out of Kenya. The design and production platform for the project is Autodesk Revit 2019 and BIM360 Design. It is imperative that the Senior Architect is proficient in these platforms. Experience in hospital design and implementation is a highly desirable. This role reports to the Project Director.
The Senior Architect will be based in our Nairobi office. This position is available on a 2 year contract renewable based on workload. During this contract the Senior Architect is likely to be assigned other projects in the office.
§ Prepare project plans in accordance with our Project Planning Manual (PPM).
§ Participate in project review meetings and co-ordinate the project activities in consultation with the Project Director.
§ Maintain the project review records such as minutes, change orders and architects’ instructions amongst many others in line with our Quality Management System that is based on ISO 9001:2015 standard.
§ Participate in project Inception, Feasibility and Outline Proposals of projects as directed by the Project Director.
§ Responsible for developing the concepts, schemes and developed designs in consultation with the Project Director.
§ Oversee and participate in development of production information to ensure that the contractors have all information necessary to build at the time of project award.
§ Prepare and make presentations to relevant stakeholders including clients, consultants, Directors and staff as required.
§ Co-ordinates the activities of other consultants and ensure that the designs are fully coordinated with the project engineers and other consultants on the project on Revit 2019 using BIM360 Design.
§ Co-ordinate the tender process and selection of contractors.
§ Oversee the construction phase of the project including chairing of site meetings and inspections and ensuring quality control policies and measure in place are adhered to.
§ Ensure that all construction management documents necessary in the project including Architects Instructions, RFI Responses and Payment Certificates are well documented and issued in a timely manner
§ Oversee bidding and document preparation for new jobs.
Qualifications & Registrations.
§ Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from a recognized university.
§ Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya or any other Professional Architects Registration Board in the country of current Residence
§ Member of the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) or any other Professional Association.
Software Skills and Experience.
· Proficient in use of the following softwares: Autodesk REVIT and BIM360 Design, Autocad, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint & OneDrive). Experience in Sketch Up will be an added advantage.
· Minimum 10 years post registration experience as an architect in a busy consulting office.
· Experience in Design and Construction supervision of a Hospital(s) is a critical requirement.
· Extensive experience in planning, design and construction supervision of large projects.
· Knowledge of construction management principles, including CPM scheduling, cost control, change order processes, price/rates evaluation and negotiation, construction techniques, construction standards and contract administration.
Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively, both orally and in writing to a diverse audience.
Organized: Capacity to align with/
formulate a logical approach in project implementation. Consistency in
application of required policies and procedures.
· Analytical: Thoroughly analyses and evaluates alternatives. Pro-active and innovative in problem resolution.
· Adaptable: Works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities.
· Ethical: Have a moral code for fairness; tolerance; honesty;
Applications are invited on or before the 22nd April 2019, to include an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and a Portfolio, indicating at least 3 referees.