Desired start date: January or February 2020
About GDI: The Global Development Incubator (GDI) is an organization that builds startups, incubates partnerships, and strengthens existing organizations for social impact around the world. Since its launch in 2013, GDI has incubated some of the most innovative initiatives in blended finance (Convergence Finance), health (citiesRISE, EYElliance), and economic development (Partnership for Economic Inclusion, Precision Agricultural for Development). GDI takes a hands-on approach to partner with innovators in developing scalable and self-sustaining initiatives that address global problems.
Role context: GDI has a number of finance focussed initiatives in sectors including agriculture, education and infrastructure. Some of our finance initiatives are sector agnostic with thematic focusses in SME ventures, refugee lens investing and climate resilience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- GDI is recruiting a Senior Associate whose key duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing existing information on potential projects, sectors of interest and countries to development memoranda and contextual documentation
- Building finance models from scratch and running sensitivities/ writing term sheets and documentation
- Leading research, informational interviews, literature reviews, insight gathering and analysis to inform initiative design
- Inputting into the formulation of potential initiatives including developing workplans, budgets, concept notes and other planning documents
- Supporting senior members of the team in investor relations including research, meeting preparation and follow up
- Supporting broader knowledge management and dissemination, including authoring articles, blogs and other publications
- Representing GDI at conferences and events
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset with a “get things done” attitude
- Prior transaction experience gained in investment banking, private equity or other asset management will be highly regarded
- Strong analytical skillset with the ability to translate financial and non-financial data on potential investments
- Effective written and verbal communication with the ability to structure and deliver narratives
- Minimum 2 - 4 years’ experience in investments, financial consulting or other strong quantitative background
- Operational experience gained in the industries in focus including agriculture, education, construction or the public sector will be highly regarded
- The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge base across different asset classes, investment instruments and investor types
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter & CV in one PDF document using “Job Applicant: Senior Associate-Finance” as the subject line. Applications will be on a rolling basis. Early applications are strongly encouraged!