The ideal candidate would have a background in journalistic, business writing and/or marketing agency experience. Ultimately, your work will connect people to our mission, transform lives and restore hope to disadvantaged communities in Kenya and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating content that spans a variety of topics for a broad range of communications channels (website, blogs, emails, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Creating content for media-worthy stories, press releases and work with external parties (PR companies, media, journalists, etc.) to increase visibility around MOHI’s work and presence in global and regional media.
- Building MOHI’s blog; identifying and creating stories.
- Managing content for the company’s website and brochures.
- Creating content for partner facing communication materials.
- Applying for relevant national and international awards for the company.
- Creating and curating persuasive, accurate content for customer lead generation and lead nurturing e-mailers to a global audience of potential partners and current partners.
- Brainstorming and collaborating with the marketing team for new ideas and strategies.
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original.
- As needed, travel domestically to capture content for marketing campaigns, donor updates, and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, English, or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience in a content writing role; dealing with content for a company or organization.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Has sophisticated command of written English with a clear ability to switch between formal communication; a personable, casual tone of voice; and vibrant marketing-oriented language
- Has strong people skills and is able to work well and take input from multiple stakeholders
- Has an entrepreneurial, innovative spirit; an ability to apply creativity in a practical way.
- Is able to work autonomously and independently; this person will be expected to take input from many stakeholders but ultimately support the brand’s communication strategy with confidence.
- Can prioritize a varied workload and work well under pressure while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Has a deep passion for the organization and its mission.