Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake menu planning
• Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
• Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
• Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify suppliers of deficiencies.
• Oversee washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchens equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
• Ensure that the appropriate clothing, including head wear, is worn at all times in accordance with the health guidelines.
• Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendation as appropriate.
• Supervise other the Kitchen Staff Team on shift and undertake performance appraisal
• To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification and competences
• Certificate in food production from a recognized institution
• Food handler’s certificate.
• Experience of 3 years working in a kitchen providing meals for large numbers
• Ability to prepare and serve well-presented and attractive meals to individual requirements.
• A positive attitude and commitment to providing nutritious meals and offer a range of choices including to those with specific dietary requirements.
• The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
• Knowledge of prevailing regulations on Hygiene.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to fill and submit the online application form on;