The ideal candidate will produce and create visually engaging, cinematic, narrative driven multimedia content from concept to completion. Content will be used online (website, social media, digital marketing campaigns etc.) and offline (exhibition at local and international events, church worship services etc.). Ultimately, your work will connect people to our mission, transform lives and restore hope to disadvantaged communities in Kenya and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shoot and edit visually engaging, cinematic content.
- Craft compelling visual stories.
- Storyboard, direct, light, mic, shoot, and edit using cinematic tools (e.g. stabilizers, cranes, sliders, jibs).
- Conceptualize and produce artistic video content that maximizes the quality and reach of MOHI’s digital offerings.
- in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Manager, schedule and direct shooters and editors for digital projects, clearly communicating the vision, shot lists, project goals, narrative scope, and time frame for each product.
- Manage and maintain the organization and functionality of multimedia equipment.
- Systematically capture, organize, archive, and distribute multimedia content via internal and external platforms.
- Remain abreast of changing multimedia technologies, software, standards, and best practices.
- Train other department staff in skills and techniques.
- Brainstorm creative video solutions to match the organization’s needs and support the goals of our fundraising and marketing teams.
- Leverage social media and other influencers for content distribution and engagement.
- As needed, travel domestically to capture content for marketing campaigns, donor updates, and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience producing and directing multimedia/video projects for a company or an organization.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Has sophisticated command of written English.
- Must be an independent and creative worker, able to manage multiple priorities, communicate clearly with a variety of individuals, and be flexible.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in the following areas: cinematic shooting, multimedia content, video production, video editing, photography and digital distribution.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work within a team.
- Proficient with cinematic tools, such as stabilizers, cranes, sliders, jibs.
- Proficient in narrative construction and visual storytelling.
- Proficient with current multimedia hardware, software and standards.
- Proficient with digital still cameras and photography techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia software (FCPX, the Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Proficient with popular social media sites, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Ability to meet changing demands and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Good project management skills.
- Skills with sound design, color correction/grading, and/or animation is a plus.
- Has a deep passion for the organization and its mission.