We are seeking a talented Senior Graphic Designer to join our Marketing and Communications team. He or she will create inspired concepts and design solutions, working with the Marketing and Communications team as well as other stakeholders. The Senior Graphic Designer will also direct the work of vendors and contractors as needed. Ultimately, your work will connect people to our mission, transform lives and restore hope to disadvantaged communities in Kenya and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as an arbiter of our brand visual style, working with the Marketing and Communications team to communicate our brand guidelines to stakeholders throughout the organization and vendors.
- Translate the brand guidelines into print and digital collateral, working across multiple channels to design and produce in a fast-paced, quality-driven environment.
- Design templates for PPT, pitch decks, and sales materials.
- Design and produce projects for digital (website, landing pages, emails, social media etc.), print (brochures, flyers, corporate stationary, apparel, etc.), live events (exhibition booth displays etc.) and video from concept through final proof.
- Design projects for multiple audiences, local and international, adapting a core concept to address a variety of needs and uses.
- Develop and manage project scopes and timelines.
- Contribute ideas and approaches that amplify the MOHI brand appeal to target audiences.
- Consult on design of website, working with Marketing and Communications team and digital agency.
- Consult on UI and client service needs.
- Create and maintain sharable visual assets for MOHI.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum three years of graphic design experience, including role as Senior Graphic Designer, Art Director or similar.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Has sophisticated command of written English.
- Skilled at layout, design, and production.
- Effective and clear communicator and collaborator.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Self-motivated, client-focused, patient, organized, detail oriented.
- Proficiency and speed with graphic design software: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and WordPress. Knowledge of video software a plus.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker, able to contribute to team brainstorming sessions and solve issues that arise.
- Has a deep passion for the organization and its mission.