Reports to: Regional Head Of Operations & Imagineering
Location: Eden Square, Nairobi
The Senior Interior Designer will be responsible to work on high-end interior design projects for our serviced-office brand Kofisi. He/she should be able to interpret design briefs, develop imaginative story-telling, and create strong and innovative concepts keeping the narrative style of the Kofisi brand.
The Senior Interior Designer should provide continuous overview and should be comfortable with all stages of interior design – from initial concepts to detailed design through construction. He/she should be self-organized, and provide flexibility and ability to work on several projects at the same time. In Kofisi team of Interior Designers, the SID is the person who provides solutions to design challenges and maintain oversight of project deliverables and with the knowledge and experience you provide guidance to the other designers in the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Interior Designer has a responsibility for the day-to-day design operations so that the centers and the surrounding areas are presentable. The Senior Interior Designer is still expected to undertake below tasks within the Sunbird Business Services Network but have additional responsibility to work closely with his/ her team of Junior Interior designers and Project Manager.
- Tracking of component part status progress eg Wallpaper, Carpet, tiles, and credenza.
- Define project requirements and schedule during the “brief”.
- Set costs and project fees according to budget.
- Research and decide on materials and products sourcing.
- Produce “sample” and “mood products”.
- Work closely with designers, decorators, architects and constructors.
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practices.
- Assist the junior designers to place orders for all supplies and materials.
- Monitor progress, ensuring project is moving along on schedule.
- Establish project timelines and coordinate work activity, vendor involvement, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Assist to negotiate pricing for materials and labor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Qualification & skills
- Higher Diploma/Degree in Interior Design and Animation.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD, Atlantis, SketchUp, Lumion and Microsoft office suite.
- Registered or registering toward interior design practicing license (IDAK).
- Understanding of interior design documentation.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite and Office 365 skills.
- Skilled in free-hand sketches & modeling programs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Strong time management
- Adaptable to change
- Basic analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Approachable, reliable and assertive
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects as necessary
- Desirable 5 years of experience in the Interior Design background.
- Senior Interior Design experience.
What We Need From You
- Show us 3 of your most important projects in your portfolio and your CV
- Explain to us exactly your role and responsibilities within these projects
- How us examples of your ability to produce technical drawings as well as to communicate in sketches
- Give us 5 images that express your fascinations, inspirations and imaginations
- motivate your selection