• Managing the entire investment process from sourcing & pipeline management, due diligence, deal execution, portfolio management to a successful exit.
• Assisting in building and structuring the processes i.e. the investment process itself, the requirements at each stage and materials used.
• Playing a key role in sourcing and selecting junior team members when building up their investment team.
• Supporting the Company’s fundraising effort in all areas required with travel to their investors in Europe and the US.
• Must have at least 4 years of high-quality investment experience in venture capital or private equity in Africa or with a clear focus on Africa.
• Additional working experience in corporate finance or strategy consulting with a reputable firm or management experience in an African corporate or as an entrepreneur will be an added advantage.
• Must have an entrepreneurial mind.
• A natural leader with strong communication skills and the ability to lead and grow junior team members, whilst easily interacting with founders and investors at eye level.
• Self-starter looking to assume a lot of responsibility in a young firm with the flat team structure.
• Team player with plenty of energy who is eager to share her/his knowledge as they are to receive feedback.
• Structured thinker confident sharing informed views and making difficult decisions.
• Must have outstanding quantitative and analytical skills which include financial modelling, private company valuation and experience in building and correcting 3-statement models.
• Acute interest in and a good understanding of technology.
• Keen to learn, develop, and sharpen your skillset with the ambition of growing to partner in the fund.
• Must be willing to travel and be based in Nairobi.
Monthly gross salary: Open depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 29th February 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.