We are looking for a Mature Techno Commercial Electrical Engineer for Building Construction Industry.
Senior Project Engineer Job Description for Master Power Systems Ltd –(Building Electrical Contractor)
Designation: Senior Project Engineer
Reporting to: Technical Directors / M.D.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: within 15 days
Master Power Systems – A
leading engineering and contracting company specialized in designing and
executing electrical works, with over 18 years’ experience in this field is
searching for a dynamic and experienced General Manager, who can handle the
family owned Electrical Contracting business, under the direction of the
Chairman, and should have the ability to provide overall leadership and
direction to the rest of the company’s employees in order to ensure the company
achieves its vision, mission, goals and objectives.
MPSL has grown and works on electrical installation projects all over Kenya, Uganda and it is spreading far across East and Central Africa. MPSL has the following divisions with their respective turn over volumes annually;
a) Building Residential / Commercial Electrical Installation works
b) Substation and Transmission Lines works
c) Mechanical and Plumbing works
e) Lift Installation
Average Annual Turnover of USD 45 Million
You will be looked upon to set the company’s overall strategic direction and priorities and monitor the performance of the company as well as the performance of each project.
You will be the second in
command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic
direction as well as creating a vision for success.
To thrive as a General Manager, you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mind-set and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. You will take actions to enhance the company’s profitability and efficiency, while keeping the human and technological factors in perspective.
As a General Manager, you must have a good knowledge to diversify the company’s above departments to new heights and double the company’s financial turnover with time.
The ideal candidate for
this position will have had previous corporate management experience and a
proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership
with proven company’s financial turnover.
The goal is to drive the
company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
- Coordinate with projects department for review and approval of various Schematics, layouts and specification for all the projects.
- Interact with Contractors / Suppliers to develop good
- Maintains open door policy and encourages team work with subordinates.
- To liaises with Sub-Contractors and Project Consultants in order to understand the exact requirements of the Project.
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors to obtain correct supplies and to ensure proper implementation of contracts.
- Verify the work completed on site as per contractual agreement and raise invoices for variance and do the follow-up payment certifies.
- Liaises with government and statutory bodies to ensure compliance with regards to rules and regulations if required.
- Prepare Material Management Mechanism to Monitors inventory on a regular basis.
- Review drawings and specifications.
- Review Estimate costs and B.O.Q. specifications.
- Oversee Project Progress with Project Timeline.
- Conducts technical analysis for the business development team and project team to create business opportunities through technology.
- Plan and organize Project Quality Check and prepare snag list and get the work done as per desire quality.
- Ensure all the projects should complete on time and well within the budget.
- Review all the projects contract, B.O.Q., G.F.C. drawings and project timeline in order to identify all the risk of the projects and create the strategies to eliminate the risk.
- Review all the projects site meetings, site inspections, construction methodology, material and manpower planning report and provide your valuable inputs.
- Ensure all your project team members should maximize the opportunity of variation works and they must take the written approval from the consultant, before starting the variation works.
- Must visit all the project sites at least once in a week and evaluate quality of work to ensure defined standards and time lines are met.
- Coordinate with Head Q.S. to ensure all the project sites receive all the required construction materials on time and the quality and quantities are in line with approved B.O.Q.
- Prepare and implement the effective project handover strategies for a successful project completion.
- Review all the necessary test reports in accordance with approved project specifications.
- Ensure all the projects progress reports are circulated on time.
- Manage positive customer relationships by meeting customer needs (internally and externally) and ensuring all complaints are resolved promptly.
- Negotiate SMART and competitive service level agreements with external stakeholders and conduct regular fair and objective review of performance to assure service standards are met consistently.
- Establish strong stakeholder relationships
by fostering trust, objectivity, communicating respectfully and ensuring all
queries are addressed promptly.
- Ensure all the projects should have the necessary documentation (e.g., contract, approved bill of quantities, agreed project timeline, approved good for construction drawings and all the mandatory insurances, licenses and permits etc.) before commencing the work.
- Ensure all the project sites are in compliance with the Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.
- Promote a Zero injury/incident culture through personal adherence to company safety practice.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Implement industry’s best practices by providing necessary training to the project team in order to optimize their performance and project profitability.
- Provide unbiased recommendations of the good vendors and sub-contractors to the top management for their final approval.
- Examine the sub-contractor’s work and share your important recommendations to the Finance team to get the payment approvals from the Board of Directors.
- Must have the cordial business relationship with all the consultants & Clients in order to have the referral business.
- Develop and execute strategy and SMART goals for the business in line with the company’s strategic plan, keeping with the vision outlined by the Board of Directors, drive profitability and, technological and operational efficiency.
- Prepare strategic goals, business development strategy, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance the company’s market share, revenue growth, profitability and return on investment and get it approved from board of directors.
- Regularly review the operating results of the company & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Be responsible and accountable for cascading and executing company strategy, company vision and objectives across the business and facilitating the delivery of the same.
- Provide inspired leadership at all times.
- Set high standards of service and coordinate business activities to ensure a professional work culture delivering quality and excellent performance at all times across all levels.
- Define and implement best practice policies across the business.
- Responsible for building strategic partnerships and alliances and upholding the business reputation.
- Timely presentation of regular management and statutory reports to the board that present a true picture of the business at that time period.
- Responsible for the integrity, accuracy and completeness of data management and reporting in the business.
- Ensure the business operations meet all required regulatory, technical and statutory parameters.
- Responsible for business development and tendering for new projects.
- Oversee day to day operations of the business.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- An Advantage: A Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years work experience with at least 5 years in lead Engineer / Management role.
- Must have experience across the residential and commercial properties including schools, malls, multi storey projects, hospitals, hotels and warehouses etc.
- International work experience will be an added advantage.
- Age of 34 years and above.
- Able to work for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Fluent and Very Good English both written and oral.
- Good experience in Building Regulations and By-laws.