Reporting into: Jobs Team CTO
Africa’s most user-centric and transparent career ecosystem.
We, the ROAM Jobs Core team, empowers African job seekers through transparency and transform the market in which we operate through technology. Our brands BrighterMonday and Jobberman currently operate in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and Ghana. Both businesses are pioneers in the African tech space having built up and formalised the employment and career sector of their respective economies.
We are proud to be the biggest and most transparent career platforms and we aim to continue to evolve by putting our users’ needs first and building user centric products to support some of the most important events in our lives.
Preparing quality plans that support the projects’ requirements on quality assurance and quality control. Ensure that non-conforming project activities including potential non-conformances are identified and resolved through approved quality procedures. Verifying that all quality related activities are in accordance with codes and standards to make sure we meet the customer requirements.
- Maintained and updated manual and automated scripts
- Provide QA function on assigned tickets as part of the software development process.
- Become proficient in business rules and system architecture of assigned products
- Use the Jira ticketing system for management of tickets and team collaboration.
- Detect and oversee resolution of reported bugs
- Maintain a repository of regression test cases and ensure adequate test coverage of assigned products.
- Proficiency with Git, Linux, software versioning and release management
- Proficiency with Appium, and Selenium and Android Studio automation tools.
- Take full responsibility for quality of signed-off tickets that are released by the release manager.
- Work closely with software developers to root out complex bugs
- Knowledge of modern web and mobile application stacks
- Understands the fundamentals of the Internet, distributed and cloud computing, databases, networking and caching.
- Participate in the scrum process and daily stand-ups.
- Manage priorities and escalate urgent defects when necessary
- Provide accurate feedback as regards testing of bugs, new features and enhancements
- Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises.
- Keep abreast with industry trends, new technologies and best practise in the quality assurance space.
- Constantly innovate and raise the bar of software quality.
Key competencies and skills
- 5 years’ experience with at least 2 leading a team
- Wide knowledge of testing approaches
- Good project and task planning
- Developing automated test cases and test plans, and creation of the automation framework
- Testing of mobile web and mobile applications (Android in particular)
- Experience with acceptance testing and test automation e.g. Selenium
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with manual testing of high scale e-commerce/ classifieds websites.
- Experience with Continuous Integration - automated builds and automated tests as part of the build.
How to Apply
Submit your CV with subject of your application to read : QA Lead.