The job objectives are to deepen existing Chinese relationships, solicit relationship with customers that have an on the ground presence but are not part of the bank’s customer base and solicit new customers via proactive marketing of bank’s product and services for Chinese corporate looking to invest in Kenya and the wider East African region.
The above objectives will be achieved by working closely with other Banking team members, TTS Sales and Product, as well as building strong partnership with other functions especially Treasury, GIRM, CRMS and O and T.
The individual must be a self-starter and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to develop, maintain and grow multiple relationships simultaneously. The expectation is that the individual will quickly develop adequate local expertise to drive the support and development of a profitable portfolio with expected annual revenues of $5.0MM.
Manage the development of China desk relationships to effectively meet the goals and objectives of Citi in Kenya, East and South Africa. It will include leveraging on our existing China franchise/relationships and work closely with PAMs, Relationship Managers of China to assess the investment/transactional Chinese flows into East and South Africa. This will be accomplished as follows:
· Achieve financial targets in terms of growth in assets, x-sell and revenue target for TM names.
· Develop a list of TM clients, wallet size potential and develop actionable business plans to ensure that the financial objectives are meet. In addition, the plan should also take into account Citi credit and compliance standards and policies.
· Partnership with Product and risk management to assess requirements and execute customer needs.
· In addition to product and risk, interact and co-ordinate across other important functional areas of the banks such as such as legal, compliance and operations.
· The job offers the potential for growth and exposure, as well as a unique view into one of the world's pre-eminent financial institutions in a rapidly changing / growing market.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years’ experience as a Relationship Manager
· MBA is an added advantage
· Self-starter with the ability to think creatively · Exceptional project management skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Management experience in a similar structure - 3+ years of marketing
· Exceptional team and relationship management skills.
· Strong product and risk knowledge.
· Exceptional interpersonal and influential skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Should be fluent in both English and Chinese
· Relationship Building
· Analytical Skills
· Planning and Organising
Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal developments plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer