Job Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Customers, suppliers, sales Staff
Overall purpose of the job:
The core responsibility of the job holder is to increase sales volume, establishing new business, to ensure that all dues from customers are collected as per the agreed terms and period and continuously review the credit terms of customers in accordance to business growth and development. He/she should develop, implement and review sales strategy, plans and processes and ensure that customers complains are attended to, recorded, followed up and feedback communicated on the same.
Duties of the job:
- To increases sales volumes to the existing customers
- Look for new customers for existing products
- Collections; to ensure that all dues from customers are collected as per the agreed terms and period
- To continuously review the credit terms of customers in accordance to business growth and development
- Market intelligence on existing competitors, new and potential competitors, substitutes and complimentary products
- Product development- continuously engage customers on any new related products and do market research on it
- ensure that customers complains are attended to, recorded, followed up and feedback communicated on the same
- Customer service – ensure efficient and effective customer service delivery
- Set targets in accordance with the overall agreed targets with the sales team
- Developing, implementing and reviewing sales strategy, plans and processes
- Strategic monthly & weekly brainstorming meetings with all sales team within the department.
- Conducting daily, weekly and monthly sales reviews.
- Working with the sales team to develop and maintain new client relationships and ensure consistent lead generation.
- Effectively ensuring consistent debt collection mechanisms are adequately adhered to and reporting is done on the same.
- Effectively monitoring and evaluating the performance of sales staff.
- Ensure all departmental objectives are assigned and met in a timely fashion.
- Monitor, discipline, coach staff to achieve the above
- Actively take part in ISO, KAIZEN activities, and ensure its sustainability
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects within the department.
- Carry any other duties as directed by the management from time to time.
Key Performance indicators:
- The following are KPIs on which the performance of the Team Leader will be judged upon:
- Sales target
- Product mix
- Collection of debt target
- Achievement of individual sales team member targets
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Number of CIPs
- Close out of a customer complaint
- Degree in sales and marketing or related field
- At least 5 years B2B sales experience