SALARY RANGE: KSHS 150,000 – KSHS 200,000
The Senior Sales & Marketing Executive leads and manages all sales & marketing operations and oversees activities of the junior sales team.
- Set up the Sales and Marketing department of the company i.e. recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Build creative sales strategies that are focused on consumer satisfaction and revenue generation for the business.
- Creates goals that comply with the attainment of the business’s overall objectives and strives to meet and exceed these goals.
- Accomplish marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Meet sales and marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Conduct research and performing analysis on the performance of the sales department ensuring prompt delivery and accuracy of daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly reports to senior management.
- Identify areas of improvement in the business’s marketing strategies, identify opportunities and understanding the market and competitive environment.
- Assesses the amount of resources required by the sales department in order to achieve optimal performance, leading to financial benefit for the business
- Tracks sales activities and create reports that for use in strategic decision making.
- Participates in tradeshows, sales workshops, sales seminars, and events on behalf of the business as part of brand awareness and prospecting sales.
- Identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Create relationships with clients such as contractors, furniture manufacturers, real estate developers.
- Development and maintain of relationships on behalf of the Company with designers, architects, real estate agents, corporate partners
- Avidly represent the business, share its vision, increase awareness, and establish more relationships both locally and internationally.
Knowledge and Opportunity:
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the business
- Develops and maintain knowledge of consumer, competitor, and market trends
- Updated with industry best practices and standards through attending events and seminars, attending individual and group training programs, and reading industry publications and newsletters
- Communicates the information acquired to the sales & marketing department for the purpose of maximizing on sales opportunities, keeping the department and the business at par with the latest trends and best practices, giving the business a competitive edge and solidifying its position as a market leader.
- Proven track records of successful sales and marketing programs
- Budget and cost analysis experience
- Knowledge of market research practices and techniques
- Knowledgeable on principles, practices and techniques of sales and marketing strategies
- Experience analyzing data and presentation skills
- Experience running large scope projects with cross-over departments and large teams
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Communications, Business Administration, Business Management, Sales & Marketing, or any other related field. An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled in multitasking, managing deadlines, and prioritizing all within a fast-paced environment
- Project management experience will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in the Furniture industry will be an added advantage but not necessary