Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city center, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Reporting to the Chief Steward, the overall job scope of the Senior Steward will be to consistently offer professional and proactive approach to cleaning and sanitation of all food and beverage areas as well as ensuring clean and sanitized operating equipment is issued for guest service timely while supporting fellow colleagues at all times in line with Kempinski standards.
- Responsible to Chief Steward
- Ensure a courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually, observing Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- Ensure that safety precautions are always observed, all fire exit routes in the F&B areas are kept free of any obstacles and safety of all employees is taken to considerations at all times.
- Be demanding and critical with regards to work processes, standards and performance.
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
- Train all Kitchen Stewards
- Ensure the Kitchen colleagues have the dishes, silverware required and guests have clean dishes
- Review banquet event orders and ensure all set-ups and supplies are in place
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are taken out of circulation and inventoried
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Be innovative and entrepreneurial to review work processes with a cost efficient and saving approach.
- Maintain daily cleaning checks and related log reports of all kitchens in line with FSMS.
- Assist in maintaining low breakage level.
- Ensure a multi-tasking approach throughout the department.
- Report all repair and maintenance reports for the respective departmental areas.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Secondary School Certificate.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Stewarding role
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- To be able to stand and walk all day
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.