Department - Internal Audit
This position reports to the: General Counsel
Reports of this position may include: Internal Auditor
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS (Main activities undertaken by the jobholder reflective of the most important features of the job)
• Perform general and application control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, systems security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
• Direct and/or perform reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development before deployment.
• Provide advice to management on designing, implementing and enhancing internal controls in the areas of technology in M-kopa IT Operations Domain.
• Prepare audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
• Prepare and present written and oral reports or other technical information in a concise and accurate manner for management.
• Working with stakeholders to identify key automated controls, developing a roadmap to ensure tests are developed to monitor key controls to achieve real time audits over all key cycles in the company.
• Track implementation status of audit recommendation to ensure that management has taken corrective action.
• Manage relationships with all stakeholders and co-ordinate or work with external auditors as appropriate.
• Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of information systems.
• Conduct systems operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/EDUCATION REQUIRED
1.(Minimum level of experience, skills and competencies, licences & certifications and education required to perform effectively in the role)
• Degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Information Systems (or related technical /business field) from a recognized university.
• Holder of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation is a must.
• Other qualifications e.g CPA, CISM, would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 8 years IT Audit experience within an established Internal Audit function and/or a reputable external audit firm.
• Good knowledge of key IT applications supporting core business processes and business assurance
• A history of leading teams of auditors in successfully delivering audit engagement, either from an internal audit or external advisory capacity.
• Well versed in knowledge of IT frameworks.