Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the growth of Trade Finance incomes, business volumes and manage assigned portfolio from the process of deal origination, structuring and credit approval to contracting and placement to ensure that the process is finalized within optimal time.
- Provide Advisory services on Trade Finance products, services, solutions and transactions to Clients.
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the portfolio.
- Prospect for new to bank clients in conjunction Relationship/ Branch Managers.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Ensure sale of a wide range of innovative Trade Finance products and solutions so as to meet customer requirements and achieve business objectives.
- Enhance the uptake of Trade Finance products and services by existing and new clients by providing technical product expertise and conducting joint calls in partnership with other relevant business units in the bank.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate, design and review product and platform strategies that competitively address identified and emergent market opportunities
- Engagement with customer owners and market activators to achieve product/platform uptake and utilization targets
Periodic review of existing products and platforms to enhance their offering in the market to ensure product continuously yields expected benefits
- Technical knowledge of International Trade Finance products and processes,
- Ability to analyze data and prepare presentations.
- One with ability to identify risks in Trade transactions and propose measures to
- mitigate the same.
- Ability to originate work plans to achieving desired strategic objectives
- Good judgment in the context of work assignments;
- Above average interpersonal, selling and negotiation skills;
- Well- developed writing and oral presentation skills; strong IT skills.
- She/he should able keep abreast on the contemporary issues in International Trade
- Finance, trade services and dynamics.
Qualifications & Experience
- An upper 2nd class Degree from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in trade related courses will be an added advantage i.e.
- CDCS, CITF.
- At least 4 years’ banking experience in Trade related assignments. Trade Operations
- experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge and proven analytical skills in International
- trade finance and good problem- solving skills.
- Ability to work conscientiously and independently with minimal supervision. This calls
- for a person of high integrity and motivation.
- Ability to network with other staff to obtain high standards of performance