Job Title: Construction Manager
Reports to: The Project Manager
Responsible for: Supervision, Planning, Directing and Coordinating site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General supervision of the Site Project.
2. To determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to the construction site.
3. To prepare construction schedule and Labour histogram.
4. To interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
5. To requisition supplies and materials on time to complete construction project including confirmation of quantification of major materials and works.
6. To take action in case of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
7. To investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites as well as ensure proper procedures are followed.
8. To continuously prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports.
9. To ensure all necessary permits and licenses are in place.
10. To continuously inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
11. To ensure that right equipment with right configuration are on site in time to avoid delays.
12. To ensure that a construction program is in place and well monitored.
13. To continuously evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
Any other duty deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
Education, Skills, and Experience.
- A bachelor of Civil/Construction Engineering from a recognized institution.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to handle projects successfully.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a team player with distinguished leadership ability.
- Must possess relevant computer skills.