The successful candidate will report directly
to the Managing Director. He/she will be required to enhance the profiles of
sport & physical recreation at the school and directly manage the sports
programme by effectively providing highly skilled leadership, administration,
communication and community involvement. The successful candidate MUST have
a minimum of 10 years teaching physical education in International school.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Lead, manage and enhance the School’s sports programmes & the people who participate in them.
- Teaching Physical education classes.
- Formulate short- and long-term goals for the sport.
- Ensure the School Team in entered in all relevant competitions & events according to participation interest.
- Ensure effective communication to shareholders, i.e. curriculum managers, sports coaches, sponsors, parents & wider school community.
- Responsible for increasing the quality of student participation in sport.
- Recruit and appoint coaches/instructors/ trainers for all teams and groups.
- Maintain & monitor a high standard of student appearance & behaviours.
- Responsible for the budget allocated to sports according to established criteria.
- Ensure appropriate equipment’s and uniforms inventory are maintained.
- Must be a registered TSC Teacher.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in British Cambridge Curriculum.
- Must currently be a sports director with an excellent understanding of the local sports arena.
- International School experience is mandatory for this position.
- Must have a detailed knowledge of sports education & young people.
- Proven experience in sports administration & marketing.
- Must have close relationships & strategic alliances with a variety of community personnel & groups.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Hands-on and a natural problem solver
- Passionate about young people and sports.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive depending on individual skills & experience
Position level: Upper Mid-Level Management
Location: Tatu City, Kenya
Deadline: 30th September 2019
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.