Location: Nairobi (Westlands area)
Teaching background: Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 2 years
Recruiting: 5 teachers experienced in teaching Mathematics, Computer Science and/or Information Systems.
Premier Genie https://www.premiergenie.com/ is a Dubai based company providing a platform for enthusiastic children to explore and hone their understanding in advanced mathematics, logical reasoning, computer science, problem solving and prepares them for standardized tests and international competitions. The program will also help children build a solid foundation to get into top Universities or Institutes in the world at a later stage in their lives. The idea of the program is based upon the notion that every child has a hidden talent in him/her, and we would just need to identify, groom and nurture it.
Premier Genie is opening its first location in Nairobi, Kenya in 2019 and is looking to hire the best teachers who will be trained by experienced learners who have delivered the course content successfully.
- Must be certified to teach by the Kenya Teachers Service Commission
- Must have at least 2 years of previous experience as a teacher. Teaching experience at international schools or abroad is preferred.
- Worked in a STEM learning environment.
- Candidates must hold a degree in one of the following three fields: Mathematics, Computer Science, and/or Information Technology.
- Understanding and knowledge of STEM education, education technology and experience of e-Learning environments is not necessary but advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Desire to continue learning “what works” in classroom instruction.
- Evidence of productive experience with problem-based learning.
- Ability to learn new technologies as well as content quickly and proficiently
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work across boundaries
- Honesty is integral to our business practice! Must possess a high level of integrity
- Student population is age 6 - 15 years.
- Is able to work weekdays in the evenings; 4pm - 7pm, and Saturday mornings; 8am - 1pm.
- Attend all training and get certified on a continuous basis to teach the students
- Be prepared for all lessons beforehand and correspond with senior management concerning the materials/devices/kits provided
- Set up each class and guide students in their each of their individual activities
- Ensure that all lessons and student report deadlines (internal and external) are met
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written the progress of students to management and parents/guardians of students.
- Promote efficiency, consistency, and professionalism
Deadline August 30, 2019.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. Only successful candidates will be notified for interview.