- Receive materials and goods from suppliers and ensure that they comply with order specifications. Link Goods Received Note and Invoices to the LPO
- Ensure that all documents accompanying the goods are correctly filed.
- Supervise the correct stacking and labelling of goods and materials. Product descriptions, delivery dates and quantities to be clearly displayed on the outer carton.
- Continually check goods to ensure that there is no dead stock and highlight slow moving stock to the management for action.
- Ensure that stock issues are only made against the prescribed approvals and that both manual and computerized systems are updated.
- Undertake periodic reconciliation of physical stocks against receipts from suppliers and dispatches, to ensure that there are no product losses.
- Organize and monitor the packaging and loading of goods for delivery to the units and prepare consignment documentation.
- Participate in periodic stock takes
- Ensure that the warehouse is maintained in a clean and dry manner so as to protect products from damage.
- Generate the required reports including the purchase analysis in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all the required stock levels are maintained in the stores.
- Ensure safe custody of keys
- Acts as secretary to inspection and acceptance committee
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management
- Hold a Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or its equivalent
- At least six (6) years’ work experience in store management.
- Knowledge in Procurement Operational Procedures