The Stores & Dispatch Officer is responsible for the implementation of stores and dispatch policies and procedures, with the primary objective of effectively managing inventory of finished goods and consumables, and thus ensuring that both internal and external customer needs are met at all times. You will report to the Head of Production Operations.
- Organize the different stores as per set policies and in compliance with safety and hygiene standards, clearly categorizing and labelling the items in the various stores i.e. consumables store, the maturing store and finished goods store
- Maintain accurate inventory records through the inventory control system, carefully recording all receipts, movement and issues according to set guidelines
- Prepare purchase requisitions for consumables based on the approved re-order levels and maximum stock holding levels, following up closely with the procurement unit to ensure that materials do not run out
- Ensure the security of the items in the stores by controlling access to the stores, keeping the stores under lock and key as per policy
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly inventory reports for the management team to aid decision making
- Prepare finished goods for dispatch as per the approved orders and agreed upon delivery times
- Plan routes in a manner that ensures efficiency i.e. timely delivery and effective utilization of vehicles at minimal costs
- Keep customers informed on the status of their orders at all times.
- Monitor and resolve any delivery related problems or complaints, recording all complaints, escalating as necessary and ensuring that long-term solutions are implemented.
- Diploma in purchasing and supply and or stores management
- Certification in transport management would be an advantage
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in warehousing /stores management or supply chain;
- Good organizational and administrative skills with an ability to prioritize;
- High sense of urgency and strong customer service skills
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail; and
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.