Type of Contract: 1 year Fellowship
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: August 2019
About Moringa School
· Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
· We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
· Moringa School was named one of the ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies’ in 2018 by Fast Company.
· Moringa School's mission is twofold:
o To empower people &
o To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
· Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment.
· You will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
· We are committed to employee health & wellness; we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first.
· We understand the value of remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
Moringa School is in an exciting transition from a primarily Nairobi-based
school to an international education organization via rapid growth across
Africa and expansion into new course offerings. This generates a need for a
Strategy Fellow who will engage in a number of expansion projects in need of
strategic support, testing/piloting, and implementing by the Strategy Team. The
Strategy Fellow should be a talented, organized, systems-oriented and
strategic thinker in order to provide support to the Strategy Team in ensuring
achievement of the mission and core values of the company.
· Complete 1-3 month research analyses feeding into an analytical report
· Contribute to active monitoring of market trends and competitors
· Conduct market research, field work and external interviews depending on the project, as well as engage in competitive benchmarking (this is dependent on the type of project)
· Gather industry data and assimilate analyses into existing market intelligence project work
· Draft proposals and recommendations from research findings
· Provide project support to the department staff on an as-needed basis, and in conjunction with other priorities
· Contribute to financial valuations and financial modeling needs of the team based on the project
· Manage small scale ad hoc deadline-based projects, while maintaining day-to-day routines
· Closely manage own time to accomplish all of the above within time frames established and agreed upon between fellow and manager
· Data analysis
· Critical thinking
· Agile mindset
· Interpersonal skills
· Expectation setting
· Presentation skills
· Project management
· Market research
· Educational background in Business/Finance as a major
· Completed coursework in economics and mathematics a plus
· Previous experience in a well-established company is an added advantage
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Ability to work well within a team
· Well organized, self-starter who eagerly approaches new challenges and looks for opportunity
· Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations with tact and maturity
· Proficient (entry level) in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way
· Embrace collaboration (working together to complete a task or achieve a goal)
· Be bold (being daring and courageous)
· Have humility (acting without pride or arrogance)
· Celebrate accountability (taking responsibility for your actions and their outcomes)
· Have a growth mindset (believing that you and those around you have the potential to improve through intentional practice and feedback from others)
· Be fun loving (enjoying life in a lively, lighthearted way)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth &
development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building
systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in
offering career growth within Moringa, providing actionable feedback through
“weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews.
We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How can you apply?
· You will need to email the following to Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Your CV
o Subject Line: Application “Role name” (Your full name)