Reporting to: Engineering Bureau Manager - Civil / Mechanical Engineering.
- Costing and estimation of steel structures
- Analysis system requirements, capacity, costing and customer to determine the feasibility of the project.
- Review and evaluate other works for inside and outside organizations.
- Production of workshop drawings.
- Strong conceptualizing, creative skills and ability to generate different ideas and concepts for the signage industry. Preparing of new project bill of quantities.
- Filing all drawings in relevant hard and soft copy files.
- Preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, often using computer-aided design (cad) software;
- Checking correctness of structural drawings as per architectural design.
- Design co-ordination with external consultant must.
- Review designs submitted by the structural consultant for any errors and rectification of the same through them.
- Experience in estimation must with analytical knowledge on quantity verifications as per design changes.
- Any other assignments as instructed by the management.
General description of work and conditions.
- Site visit for material and work monitoring, evaluation and estimation.
- Costing and estimation of steel materials and structures.
- Develop method statements and prepare costing.
- Preparation of cost estimates, BoQs and tender documents.
- Review of designs submitted by the structural consultant for any errors and rectify.
Education and Experience.
- Degree / Diploma in Civil & Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered Engineer with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Over 5 years’ experience, knowledge in Drafting and drawings, preparation and interpretation.
- Experience in Design of Mechanical works, Oil & Gas.
- Engineering design optimization using AutoCAD, plant 3D, other Engineering software.
- Experience in estimation with analytical knowledge on quantity verifications as per design changes.
- Experience within Marine industry.
- Ability to produce technical reports
- Experience of quality management systems
- Representative behavior.
- Alertness and availability.
- Cultural differences awareness.
- Extraverted and analytical thinker.
- Disciplined in work approach.