Job Title: Branch Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: City Mall
The position holder motivates and inspires the team to achieve productivity of the supermarket.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on workresults.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the store.
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/ complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow up with customers.
- Maintains a strong leadership presence in store and associate appearance at all times.
- Prioritizes, plans, and adjusts schedules as necessary to maximize sales and minimize costs.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all merchandising direction, campaigns, and sales promotions in a timely manner.
- Utilizes Maisha Supermarket tools to diagnose opportunities and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Ensures staff is trained and knowledgeable in customer service, merchandise and operations.
- Manages and assesses staff performance through consistent feedback, coaching, developmental plans, and performance appraisals.
- Forecasts/ reforecastsbusiness, focusing on productivityto meet sales goals, targets or budgets.
- Enforce all Maisha Supermarket Policies and Procedures, includinghealth, safety,and security.
- Regularlycommunicates with the Operations Manager and if necessary, the Managing Director to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Partner with all departments in the company to increase sales, drive / promote merchandise categories, and expand markets.
- Creates customer loyalty andcreates relationships within the local community.
- Ensures all pricing, signage, and displays are correct at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory stock levels.
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetingwith Managing Director to discuss the performance for the shop.
- Manage Supplier Deliveries and inventory and ensures that records are properly keptand up to date.
- Ensures safety & sanitation standards are maintained all the time.
- Ensures all business requirements arein complete compliance with all local Authority, (TFDA, Council Health / Municipality bi-laws) and TanzanianRegulations.
- Observe employees and ensure they are proving a safe service to both external & internal customers
- Accurately execute Maisha Supermarket‘s initiatives and policies with improvement on quality,service and operations.
- Coordinateswith the Financial Controller for any stock inventory adjustments of any kind (purchase returns, damaged, expired goods)
- Coordinate with Accounts and Human Resources officesin terms of supplier payments, payroll, staff needs , and statutory returnsand deductions(like VATreturns, taxes & levies)
- Maximize productivity targets (sales per sqmtand per head).
Inventory Management & Stock Control
- Ensure effective Inventory Control in the following areas:
- Order management - approve purchase requisition in accordance budget inventory re-order level s, maintain enough stock levels of winning sku’s and fast lines while eradicating dead stocks.
- Stock consolidation
- Stock movement and transfer
- Optimum stock utilization
- Purchase returns and damage/ shrinkage
- Recommend hiring and termination of staff to the Operations Manager.
- Train,coach, develop and discipline all employees in your shop through ongoing feedback and establishment of performance expectations.
- Recommend or create educational training for staff under you.
- Check and approve employee’s time sheets for payroll purposes.
- Prepare monthly evaluation of all staff.
- Recommend policies that are adoptable to all in harmonious relationship.
- Set Key Result Area – KRA’s for staff under your jurisdiction and conduct performance appraisals.
- Oversee staff development and drive motivation levels of the people directly reporting to you.
- Manage customer relations and recovery.
- Manage the Maisha Supermarket Loyalty Card System effectively.
- Provide exceptional customer service, thereby setting the standard for all
- Employees of the shop.
- Monitor staff performance and hold staff accountablefor their customer service performance