Overall purpose of the job:
This key role offers significant ownership of the relationship between our market and their customers and importantly will work with our Market Commercial Teams, Procurement and Growers to ensure excellent that the flowers ordered are received, shipped out on time, update the client systems with required data, and received at their various destinations as per order.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead the drive to increase forecast accuracy across the organization working with the commercial functions, growers, quality, and logistics providers to identify problems and minimize risk. A pro-active approach is crucial.
- Raise purchase orders to the growers in a timely manner as required, ensuring a complete, efficient and well-timed delivery of goods as required.
- Driving stem volume planning,
- Consolidating all market demand plans,
- Prioritizing market demand plans
- Obtaining supply plans from growers
- Allocating demand across the grower base
- Manage all specification changes related to products.
- New Product launches are essential and very frequent so you have to work to critical paths, allow for lead times.
- Provide Forecast information to suppliers and daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis to management
- Identify and understand the reasons for the delivery shortfall and back orders.
- Prepare and ensure the freight booking of all supplier deliveries within time lines set in the SOP.
- Management of export administration process from Airport to destination:
- Ensure right documentation is prepared
- Prepare consolidated export documentation
- Ensure KEPHIS on line submission is done in a timely manner
- Confirm all flowers are dispatched
- Confirm receipt at the destination
- Work with logistics providers to ensure on time shipment of goods and reports. Inform the markets on agreed shipment plans.
Administration, Reporting & Planning
- Prepare and send out necessary reports.
- Update Markets ERP (Enterprise resource planning) systems.
- Claims management -Receive claim from the Markets
- Send claim to the grower and follow up on credit, giving appropriate feedback
- Annual, seasonal and daily planning producing schedules to meet customer demand
- Working to identify system and process improvements
- Coaching and development of the teams
- Supervision of assigned member(s) of staff
- Improve the effectiveness of the department by ensuring that priorities are set and adhered to.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
- Adheres to all health and safety SOPs.