Supply Chain Manager Terms of Reference (TORBackground
Tristar Global Logistics (TGL) is a 3PL and 4PL ISO 9001:2008 certified company. The scope of services required for our warehouse operations will cut across the following three main areas:
a. Warehouse and Yard Operation Services
b. Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) and related services
c. Inventory Planning Support Services
Job Location: Within UN Mogadishu Somalia
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Tristar Global Logistics Head of Office, the Supply Chain Manager will participate in the planning, implementation and organization of all warehouse operations across 8 Locations.
· Act as the focal point for all warehouse operations.
· Direct/participate in negotiations for with the client as necessary.
· Heavily Involved in Customer strategic forecasting/order entry, complete follow- through of the notification processing cycle time and ensuring timely logistical processing of client tasks while embracing/driving lean enterprises and systems throughout the division supply chain.
· Develop project plans on the basis of warehouse requirements, arrangement and allocation of project teams, monitoring and evaluating performance as well as reporting.
· Design and develop Standard Operation Procedures for all warehouse operations and ensure subsequent implementation.
· Establish an internal reporting system, monthly updates, and regular progress reports and daily monitoring of warehouse operations across the locations and in close liaison with the various warehouse managers.
· Representing the company’s interests during planning and coordination of all project activities.
· Select systems and applications to ensure robust demand planning, order fulfilment, inventory control and operations process efficiency.
· Provide strategic guidance to the warehouse manager on all warehousing and supply chain management issues.
· Manage field operating teams (50 persons) consisting of warehouse managers, warehouse assistants, inventory assistants, among others.
· Directs and Supervises the storage, and distribution, Commodity Goods and Equipment throughout designated target locations in Kenya and Somalia.
· To regularly carry out risk assessment prior to and during project execution and give comprehensive feedback to management on recommended actions to take.
· Ensuring accountability for all inventory at all operational sites.
· Promote the use of appropriate Warehouse Management Systems to inform and guide decision making by continually identifying gaps and developing corrective actions as needed.
· Manage and comply with Security and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards & requirements in the distribution centre are complied with.
· Management of the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
· Involve in resource allocation and coordination with different project team managers and leaders.
· Oversee and control the overall warehouse management.
· Establish goals and objectives and provide instructions to respective team members.
· Head and stimulate projects and develop communication plan working with team members, stakeholders and project donor.
· Recruit and train all personnel in warehouse operations.
· Prepare and submit all monthly reports to the TGL management and donor.
· Attend contractor performance review meeting as stipulated in the contract.
Skills and Attributes
· Establish a good working relationship with the Senior Management at Tristar Global Logistics.
· Direct, manage and motivate the Project Team.
· Understand and Apply Risk Management Processes
· Build and sustain effective communications with all stakeholders involved in the Project.
· Apply Quality Management principles and processes.
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
· Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
· Effectively applies knowledge of warehouse operations within organizational context;
· Good level of knowledge in various warehouse management principles, WMS software’s and supply chain fundamentals in the remote areas.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Bachelor degree (equivalent) in business administration, logistics, supply chain management or relevant field; with at least 10 years of experience in business administration, logistics, supply chain management, warehouse operations.
The Supply Manager must have Dangerous Goods handling certification, Occupational Safety Certification and relevant experience in cold chain operations.
· Over 10 years’ experience in managing, implementation and evaluation of warehouse operations.
· Proficiency in SAP WMS and Inventory Management Systems (Mandatory)
· Experience working in the field of Supply Chain Management, Field Mission Warehouse Operations
· Strong knowledge of International Standards and practices relating to Warehouse Management and Supply Chain.
· Experience working in the Horn of Africa region is an advantage. Knowledge of Mogadishu International Airport area in Somalia.
· Knowledge and application of AMISOM vetting and security procedures in MIA (Mogadishu International Airport).
Recruited staff is required to be mobile. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae and cover letter in English .
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message. Closing, date for applications is 12th April 2019 , however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.