The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results-oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape the best clinical and non-clinical practice.
SURVEILLANCE OFFICER REF: TNH/HRD/SO/08/19
Reporting to the Senior Security Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the overall security of The Nairobi Hospital, and Outpatient centers, clients, and personnel.
· Overseeing the functionality of the CCTV surveillance system, Access Control, Intruder/fire alarm system and the parking management system.
· Ensuring the Chief Security An officer is fully briefed on any pertinent matters.
· Formulating operating procedures for security and safety activities in liaison with the Senior Security Officer. E.g. emergency preparedness.
· Preparing reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found the property, security lapses, and safety hazards.
· Liaising with the government the law enforces on security matters affecting the Hospital
· Conducting security surveys with the aim of improving on the Hospital’s integrated security solutions.
· Conducting routine security patrols, monitoring and evaluating performance levels for outsourced services.
· Protecting people, property, information, and TNH reputation.
· Proactively respond to security emergencies within the hospital
· Overseeing security services offered to clients, hospital deliveries, key management and escort cashiers as required from time to time.
· Overseeing the performance of the contracted third party security services operations.
· Planning and coordinate security operations for specific events of the Hospital.
· Representing and defending TNH interest in all forums including civil or criminal litigation matters.
· Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· University Degree in Criminology, Security Management or any other relevant field.
· At least two years working experience in a similar position with reputable security firms or public institutions.
· Knowledge of handling internal investigations.
· Technical knowhow in electronic security management systems and use of CCTV operations, VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets
· Experience in security patrols, fire management and emergency responses
· Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
· Good interpersonal relations, leadership, planning and organizational skills
· Computer literate, flexible and the ability to solve problems in a pressurized environment
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send your application to the Human Resources Director, The Nairobi Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than 23rd August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.