Department: HR & Admin
Reports to: Head HR, Admin & Corporate Affairs
Core Function and Details
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintain system efficiency and configuration of network IP addresses.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users; computer hardware, software, cabling and printers network
- Offer technical support to staff on computer programmes, packages and applications.
- Make recommendations for upgrades, hardware and software deployment and computer disposal.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user needs from time to time while ensuring they are solved.
- Maintain integrity of the network, data, server deployment and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with all technical considerations.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Continuously report and respond to security concerns from the users and from risk analysis on the company
- Maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks
- Administer company fleet trucking systems and circulate reports on weekly basis/as need be.
- Continuously update company social media pages, apps and website.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Higher National Diploma/Diploma in IT.
- Two years working experience and above information technology specialty.
- Proven experiences in ERP programme a must.
- Proven working experience as a systems administrator.
- Must exhibit outstanding ability to learn and comprehend the fundamentals of the functioning of the present IT support function.
- Excellent general understanding of ICT with display of mastery in troubleshooting by utilizing deductive reasoning.
- Ability to achieve general ICT tools maintenance.
- Ability to illustrate general maintenance requisite and simple procedures for operation of network and system security.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication and decision making skills.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer aptitude, working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledge of Pastel system.