Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Collection & Recovery Coordinator’s main objective is to follow up on assets or funds lost due to fraud, non-compliance with exit clearance, and other staff misconduct, with the aim to recover that loss for the organization. S/he will report to the Legal Specialist.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate and drive forward cases at the primary village and district court level after terminations
for fraud have occurred
- After successful cases, follow up on recovering funds
- Work with HR to collect clearance forms and to follow up on non-recovered items
- Follow up on balances or assets that were not recovered upon termination
- Assist the Legal Specialist and Case Investigator with gathering evidence when necessary
- Scrutinize and conduct legal research on various cases
- Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings in primary court and
district court level
- Promote reconciliation and encourage and facilitate the settlement, in an amicable way on such
terms as are just
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional, entry-level professional with 1-2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background; a legal degree and license to practice law are preferred
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of prosecution process in village or district level courts
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and
openness to feedback.
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to details and negotiation skills
- High level of professionalism and high ethical standards
- Language: English and Swahili fluency required.
Preferred Start Date:
November 15, 2019Job Location
Commensurate with experienceDuration
Health insurance, paid time offSponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.