Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund’s farmer-facing operations are the front lines of our mission, and a place where our work is evolving rapidly. Our Rotational Program Support Officer position is designed to seize new opportunities and fill crucial gaps flexibly and rapidly, in order to fuel the organization’s growth. In turn, this role will provide a compelling opportunity for exceptional early-mid career professionals to quickly grow into leaders capable of independently executing the project, team management and addressing some challenges facing One Acre Fund, through rapid exposure to the full breadth and depth of One Acre Fund’s functional areas.
Concretely speaking, selected Rotational Program Support Officer will have the opportunity to rotate through a program innovation project in different Tanzania region into 3-5 different roles within the 1-year contract.
Rotational Program Support Officer will work together with the Program Innovation Department organization to determine their region, individual rotations, and then their project to support. We see the Rotational Program Support Officer role as an opportunity to develop future leaders in international development while meeting some of One Acre Fund’s most critical field-facing needs. Part of our commitment to this role is offering high-quality professional development and feedback opportunities as our Officer make their way through the various rotations.
We are seeking an individual who will assist OAF in the following areas:
- Field-based work with Flexible - Rotating assignments across Iringa, Njombe, and Arusha regions.
- Collaborate closely with the field team as well as other departments and proper work plan for field visits by using available tools, come up with new ideas and possible interventions to improve the field team operations.
- Support the establishment and the execution of the lean district trial project in all the selected areas and in future areas.
- Provide support and monitoring for field-based trials, ex. lean district trials and surveys.
- To perform any other special and specific trials and responsibilities that will be given by the Manager.
We are seeking a candidate with a long -term passion for sustainable agricultural development in Tanzania.
Please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- University Degree (Business Administration, Community Development, Agriculture, or related focus)
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers. Being willing to commit to serve smallholder farmers in our program both in Iringa, Njombe and Mbeya By conducting Field Visits.
- Competent Languages: Fluent Kiswahili and Professional Level English.
- Computer Literate: Demonstrating computer skills such as typing, navigate Google Email, Calendar, Drive, Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- Clear and excellent communicator in person, via email, and on the phone.
- Proactive in problem-solving.
- Integrity and a positive attitude toward the team.
- Proven ability to set and meet job targets
- Demonstrates high-quality work with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a larger team and independent worker with strong ability to manage own schedule, tasks and responsibilities.
- A confident communicator who is comfortable talking with many people on a variety of topics.
- Demonstrated leadership potential at work and outside work.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.Preferred Start Date
As soon as possibleJob Location
Commensurate with experienceDuration
Health insurance, paid time offSponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.